Brazil is a leading country in medical tourism, especially for cosmetic and plastic surgeries. It has several JCI accredited hospitals which makes it one of the most sought-after places across the globe. Some other attractive points about Brazil include reasonable packages, no waiting period, and a highly skilled team of healthcare professionals.
Brazil is best known for medical treatments like cardiac surgery, dental surgeries, neurosurgeries, weight loss surgeries, hair transplant, fertility treatment, skin treatment, and cosmetic surgeries. Let us know the procedure for entering Brazil to get healthcare services.
A medical visa is used to enable people to travel for medical treatment. However, there is a temporary visa issued to international patients in Brazil, which should be valid to enter the country for medical care. This visa allows the patient to stay for 90 days but it can be extended for another 90 days. The processing time is usually 5-7 working days. The visa is valid for 2 years.
Documents needed for Brazil visitor visa application (applicable for medical purposes)
01. Current valid passport
02. A debit/credit card to pay the visa fee
03. An email address where the visa can be sent to you.
04. A passport size photograph
For candidates who are below the age of 18 years, some additional documents may also be required such as:
01. Passports of both parents and an authorization letter signed by both if the responsibility of the child is shared by both parents.
02. If only one parent or a legal guardian has taken the responsibility, his/her passport and authorization is required, along with the documentation showing that the guardian holds entire custody of the child.
Here are some specifications for the photograph:
01. The picture must be taken from the front against a white background.
02. Face and shoulders should be centralized on the camera with the applicants eye looking into the camera.
03. Any shadows, glare or reflections must be avoided in the photograph.
04. The facial expressions must be neutral with open eyes.
05. No dark glasses or non-prescription glasses are allowed.
06. No tinted or thick frame glasses are allowed.
07. Headgears are allowed to be worn only for religious purpose, provided they should not obstruct the view of facial features.
The visa application form on the official website is filled completely and submitted along with the aforementioned documents and visa fee. After the processing is done, you will get your visa at your registered email address.
It is recommended to take a printout of the visa to present at the entry check point. You must also keep your current valid passport at the entry checkpoint. Please note that the details mentioned on the passport should match with those on the eVisa.
Country-wise visa requirements for Brazil
Citizens of 97 countries are allowed to enter Brazil without getting a visa for 30 to 180 days including the European Union. The time period for the stay may vary with the country.
Countries (allowed to stay for 90 days) such as:
People from European Union can stay for a period of three months anytime in 6 months and citizens who are not from visa-exempt countries need an eVisa such as Canada, the US, Japan, and Australia.
One of the most attractive destinations for medical tourism, Brazil offers state of the art infrastructure, advanced technological support, well experienced healthcare professionals and best in class amenities. If you have plans to visit Brazil for any healthcare services, contact Ortil Healthcare to have a pleasant and trouble-free experience. We will arrange everything that you might require during your stay in Brazil.
One Stop Solution for your Medical Journey
Be the change and be an opportunist in transforming healthcare.Book Free Consultation
KM Jamal Uddin
I was reluctant to proceed with the treatment in India. Somehow assistance of Ortil Healthcare gave me the strength to decide on planning my medical tourism to Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Delhi in India. On 24 November 2019, I was detected for a blockage in the brain and they recommended going with the brain stent before cardiac treatment. Both surgeries were completed in the duration of 72 hours:)
Trusted by thousands of Hospitals
Ortil Healthcare India
Connect with our Healthcare Specialist.
Drop your details here, our healthcare specialist will get back to you!