Malaysia is one of the most eminent destinations for medical tourism. It has very attractive hotels and resorts to stay at, which makes it a perfect place to relax and recover from a chronic illness. Not only this, the medical care is quite affordable in Malaysia without any long waiting periods. The doctors and other healthcare professionals are very well trained and experienced.
Let us delve into the procedure required for getting medical treatment in Malaysia. Before visa application, there are some important steps that need to be taken to get medical treatment in Malaysia.
01. Schedule your treatment in any private hospital in Malaysia that is registered with Malaysia Healthcare Travel Council (MHTC). You will also need a doctors recommendation letter from the hospital.
02. Submit the documents that are required by the hospital and then apply for permission to get the treatment in Malaysia.
03. This application will be submitted to MHTC by the hospital after which you will get an Entry approval letter from MHTC.
04. Post this, you will start the visa application process for yourself and your attendant(s).
Let us discuss in detail how one can acquire a visa to get medical treatment in Malaysia.
Types of Visa issued by the Malaysian Government
01. Single Entry Visa - This visa is valid for three months and one-time entry is allowed.
02. Multiple Entry Visa - A person can travel for a period of three to twelve months multiple times. The stay is only allowed for 30 days at one time. This is only valid for those coming from India and the Republic of China.
How to apply visa for Malaysia
Malaysian visa can be applied in two ways:
01. Through Malaysian Representative office in your nation
02. Through the online eVisa portal.
eVisa to Malaysia
eVisa is an easier and faster way of visa application that issues electronic or digital visas to the non-citizens of Malaysia. Countries that are eligible for an eVisa to Malaysia are:
03. Sri Lanka
One can apply for an eVisa from any place in the world except Malaysia and Singapore. The above list of countries may be extended in future. eVisa allows a person to stay for 30 days in one entry. To apply for eVisa, visit the official website of Malaysian Immigration and fill the application form. You can register yourself and log in anytime later.
Documents needed for eVisa
Scanned copies of the following documents need to be uploaded with the application:
01. A recent passport size photograph. Follow all the specifications for the photo as mentioned on the website.
02. Information page of the passport. Follow the sample provided on the website.
03. A confirmed return flight ticket
04. Birth certificate in case of minors
05. Any additional certificate might be required, depending on the country from where you are applying.
06. Your application will be reviewed by the Immigration Department of Malaysia
07. You may be asked to present the original documents for verification at Malaysian Embassy in your country. Keep checking your email.
08. You will receive your visa at your email address and you will be required to take a printout in an A4 sized format.
09. You will need the printout during your entry at the checkpoints.
10. Other documents that you may need at the entry checkpoints in Malaysia are:
10.1. Proof of funds
10.2. Valid return ticket
10.3. Proof of accommodation
Another visa application method than eVisa is by visiting the nearest Malaysian Embassy and High Commissions Office and submitting all the documents. The eligible countries are mentioned below:
01. Republic of China
06. Sri Lanka
The documents required are:
01. Recent original passport with 2 photocopies
02. Two photocopies of the visa application form (downloaded from the website)
03. Two passport-sized photographs
04. Confirmed return ticket and two photocopies
05. Bank statement (proof of funds)
06. Invitation letter (if any)
07. Visa fee
Intense public-private healthcare collaboration, solid governmental participation, cutting-edge technology, and well experienced healthcare professionals shaped Malaysia as a leading global destination for international patients in Asia and beyond. If you are planning to get healthcare services in Malaysia, reach out to Ortil Healthcare to have a smooth and stress-free experience till you get back to your home.
One Stop Solution for your Medical Journey
Be the change and be an opportunist in transforming healthcare.Book Free Consultation
KM Jamal Uddin
I was reluctant to proceed with the treatment in India. Somehow assistance of Ortil Healthcare gave me the strength to decide on planning my medical tourism to Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Delhi in India. On 24 November 2019, I was detected for a blockage in the brain and they recommended going with the brain stent before cardiac treatment. Both surgeries were completed in the duration of 72 hours:)
Trusted by thousands of Hospitals
Ortil Healthcare India
Connect with our Healthcare Specialist.
Drop your details here, our healthcare specialist will get back to you!