With great hospitality, advanced healthcare infrastructure, and qualified doctors, Thailand has everything that a country needs to be medical tourism hub. Even though the process of visa application differs with the country you are applying it, here is the general information that will be helpful while applying for a medical visa to Thailand. Please note that it is essential to visit the official website or the Thailand embassy in your country to know the exact process for you.
Types of Visas
01. Visa-exempt Stamp - This allows a visit to stay in Thailand for 30 days without a visa. However, only 57 countries have this provision.
02. Visa on Arrival - For some countries, there is a provision of a 15-day visa on arrival.
03. Single Entry Visa - This visa allows you to stay in Thailand for 90 days out of which 60 day-visa is granted at the beginning after which one can extend the visa for another 30 days.
04. Multiple-entry Visa - With this visa, one can enter and exit Thailand multiple times with a validity of 6-months. You are eligible to get a total of 270 days on the visa.
Documents required for Medical Visa Application:
01. Your current passport with a minimum validity of at least 6 months and at least one blank page.
02. Visa application form filled completely with black and blue ink.
03. Two passport-sized recent photographs with size 2 X 2.
04. A copy of the flight reservation to and from Thailand with the applicants name clearly readable.
05. A copy of the recent bank statement with a minimum balance of 700 USD per person, that enables the applicant to afford all the expenses related to the treatment and the cost of living.
06. Letter from the hospital in Thailand specifying the treatment needed and duration of stay needed.
07. Proof of hotel stay (if any) with applicants name and duration of the stay.
08. Applicants from some countries will also need to submit the International Health Certificate of Yellow Fever Vaccination.
09. For applicants under the age of 20 years, the following documents are needed:
9.1. Notarized copy of a birth certificate
9.2. Notarized copy or original of mother and father/ legal guardians passports or ID.
9.3. Original letter of notarized consent from mother and father / legal guardian for the minor to travel abroad.
10. A letter of travel itinerary (for applicants with multiple entries) with specified dates and months of 2nd and 3rd entries, printed name, and signature.
11. The Nigerian residents will need a Certificate of Clearance from NDLEA and authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affair of Nigeria and the Royal Thai Embassy, Nigeria.
Steps in Visa Application:
A person who does not possess a valid visa or permission for re-entry need to apply for a visa by the following steps:
01. Complete the Online eVisa Application
02. Upload the required documents in PDF format.
03. Book an appointment in the embassy
04. Pay the visa fee
05. Submit the required documents including the passport, and signed appointment e-slip at the embassy
06. Wait for the visa processing
07. Collect the visa at the embassy
Steps after you receive the Visa:
When you have the visa, you need to request the Certificate of Entry at the Embassy and submit the following documents:
01. Passport and visa or re-entry permit
02. Medical insurance with a minimum coverage of 100000 USD of the medical cost
Documents needed while departure for Thailand:
01. Certificate of Entry into the Kingdom of Thailand
02. Fit to Fly Health Certificate issued no more than 72 hours before the departure
03. Insurance document
04. Alternative Hospital Quarantine booking
Documents needed while entry in Thailand:
01. Certificate of Entry
02. Fit to Fly Health certificate
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the cases in which the visa can be denied?
A. The most common cases include are Unprepared documents and photographs, Inadequate or incorrect information and Application of the wrong visa
Q. What can I do if some documents are left to be submitted?
A. The applicant needs to contact the Embassy through email so that a personal link can be retreived to upload more documents.
Q. What are the specifications for the photographs to be uploaded?
A. The photographs should be 2X2 in size, with a light color background and full-face view. The applicant should not be wearing a hat or dark glasses or covering up the shoulders. The photo should be taken within last 6 months.
Thailand is the leading medical tourism destination in Asia. The medical facilities in thailand are internationally accredited and equipped with state-of-the-art devices to provide quality healthcare. Applying a medical visa can be an exhausting process sometimes. However, it you choose to visit through Ortil Health, your entire journey can be smooth and delightful that too at cost-effective prices.
One Stop Solution for your Medical Journey
Be the change and be an opportunist in transforming healthcare.Book Free Consultation
KM Jamal Uddin
I was reluctant to proceed with the treatment in India. Somehow assistance of Ortil Healthcare gave me the strength to decide on planning my medical tourism to Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Delhi in India. On 24 November 2019, I was detected for a blockage in the brain and they recommended going with the brain stent before cardiac treatment. Both surgeries were completed in the duration of 72 hours:)
Trusted by thousands of Hospitals
Ortil Healthcare India
Connect with our Healthcare Specialist.
Drop your details here, our healthcare specialist will get back to you!